As the gaming industry continues to grow, many developers are constantly applying practical game mechanics to lure new players and retain their loyal gamers. As a result, the gaming sector has experienced remarkable success and expansion. Fortunately, game mechanics can work in other areas of our lives, such as in the business industry, through a process known as gamification.
Gamification involves using gaming strategies in non-gaming contexts for better results. Businesses can use game strategies to engage their clients and attain their objectives. However, every gaming tactic must be applied differently depending on the uniqueness of each enterprise. In this article, we discuss how to apply game mechanics to business practices for enhanced client engagement and achieving business goals.
Social proof refers to other people’s perspectives on us based on the impact of our steps and actions. Consumers are limited when shopping online because they cannot experience or touch products before purchasing them. Therefore, online businesses need visual and word-based social proof to deal with any uncertainty bedeviling the buyers. After witnessing social proof elements in your sites, reviews, and ads, the customers will be confident to purchase anything from your eStore.
Gamification-based social proofing can help in skyrocketing your business activities. With the gamified model, you can award registered active users with badges, ranks, and points for submitting reviews, posting comments, and sharing recommendations. This tactic will influence new clients to purchase products from your site.
The advantages of using this strategy include:
- User Engagement – This tactic involves using highly engaging activities to promote your services or products to new customers and cross-sell or upsell.
- Positive Reviews – When you successfully get positive reviews from registered subscribers or users, it will make new customers prefer buying from your eStore. Many new clients usually read reviews before deciding whether to buy from an online store.
- Customer Testimonial – When a client endorses your services or products, the message will attract the target audience to your store.
User Experience (UX)
User experience refers to what a person goes through as they interact with virtual products like websites, apps, or a computer-human-based hybrid system. User experience will determine a customer’s perception of a brand or company. Since we live in a fast-moving world, most online clients are intolerant to delays and other issues, and these factors usually lead to poor user experience. Therefore, online businesses need a user-friendly interface for easier navigation. They also need to engage users based on their tastes and preferences.
For instance, the best gaming platforms usually share all the minute details about their games. This can include guidelines on how to navigate the site, game rules, power-hand rankings, and betting options. All this information is meant to assist all players, both novices and skilled, to have a great user experience. For instance, Tight Poker is one notable site that offers poker players a comprehensive guide on how to play various types of poker variants. On their site, you can find all the information about Texas Hold’ em rules, what to know before you play the game, how to play it, as well as the betting limits. This site is a one-stop for all your poker needs.
Social sharing is the modern “word of mouth” strategy that can considerably impact your eStore. Many people will see your social media posts for the products or brands that you share. The shared message will inspire your target audience to check the posted products or services. Eventually, some of them will end up purchasing their favorite products.
This strategy is widely used by many developers to popularize their games. For example, online gaming platforms usually allow players to share their gameplay experiences through their sites. These reviews end up attracting new players to try their games. This method is also crucial in making players learn about unique game variants such as Caribbean Stud Poker and 2-7 Triple Draw.
Here are ways of rewarding your clients for social sharing:
- Point-Based Rewards – Reward your clients with gamification points for sharing your service and product-based posts on social media platforms for enhanced exposure.
- Discount Coupons – Give discount coupons to your online clients for sharing your promotional campaigns through social media.
- Leaderboards and Badges – Humans are naturally competitive. You can exploit this nature by using leaderboards to motivate the customers to continue doing specific actions and tasks in order to increase their profile ranks as influencers.
Gamification also effectively optimizes brand marketing strategy, especially in digital advertising. A content marketing project can be highly interactive and captivating if you include game-based elements such as awarding participants for a specific action or activity. In such scenarios, gamification assists in improving the interaction between the brands and customers.
The key objective of every company or brand is to interact with its clients continuously. Therefore, every company should make an effort to incessantly generate and share more content to get the attention of their customers and spark active conversations and engagements. Luckily, this goal is achievable by applying gamification techniques. Here are ways to employ gamification-based brand advertising for your eStore:
- Loyalty Programs – It might seem easy to begin a loyalty program for your online business by giving incentives to clients against generating more revenue. However, this program needs consumer data for buying behavior, comprehensive research, and qualitative emotional attachment analysis.
- Scavenger Hunts – This tactic provides a fun and creative method of ensuring your clients engage with your online business. A scavenger hunt occurs when an online store finds a way to ensure clients view multiple pages on their websites and, in the process, end up viewing every available product or service on the platform.
- Referral Contests – This strategy is the best way for online businesses to get new clients. For example, eStores can provide free shipping offers or special discounts to clients who refer their services or products to other people.
Although the online market offers innumerable opportunities for business growth, the level of competition is also high. However, applying effective strategies will give you an edge over other eStores. Gamification has effectively enabled businesses to gain and retain more clients while also increasing their revenue. It also helps in improving user experience, facilitating organic social sharing, and strengthening your social proofing efforts. Employing gamification in advertising your business will always bear positive results.